Thursday, August 7, 2008

Morning Fix

I have decided everyday each one of us asks ourselves "what if" about something. This morning for example I rolled out of bed to the demands coming from my ten week old Jack Russell Terror who can only be labeled as Hyper. She was intent on informing me that morning had arrived and she needed to go outside. So in a still-half-asleep stupor I took her outside and like a zombie waited for her to be done then went into the house and straight for the fridge. I am not a coffee drinker but I still need a morning pick-me-up. And my drug of choice is Dr.Pepper.

I open the fridge and the shelf is bare. I feel like a Looney Tunes cartoon as I'm sure my eyes popped out of my head and then a choice curse word slipped out under my breath. So I grabbed a glass out of the cabinet and filled it with water and walked away feeling unsatisfied.

So on the way to work I decided I need my morning hit. What if I stop at the gas station on the way to work, will I still make it in time? I convince myself I may be cutting it close but I can make it. I sit at the red light impatiently pleading with it to turn green. I happen to glance up into my rear-view mirror and see my boss's truck two cars back. I glance at the clock again. I don't want to be late, I mean this is only my second week at this new job so I would like to get in before the boss. The light changes and my mind is made up I need the Dr. Pepper.

No comments: