So... I think Mindy had it right when she said "What if I do will he love me more? What if I don't will he walk out the door?"
Well, honestly I don't think either is a real possibility--somwhere in the middle. I mean, come on now, they (men or whatever choice name you are using for them today) hold you by a rope--and sometimes they try to make you hang yourself with it. Yes, they don't do the honor for you--they want you to do it yourself so even in their absolutely heartless soul they won't feel bad about it because "she did it to herself."
So I have this 'friend' who more than once has said to me "Better As A Memory Than As Your Man" is his song. Mind you, once was definatly not at a time you want to hear that. You start thinking, "where is my bra?" Anyways, what is he trying to do? I mean when you say that to a friend it is one thing... when it is someone you are intimate with and being intimate with at that moment, it has a different meaning. What do I think it means? Yeah, it means that "I want to do this and I am going to lead you on now and in the future so ... I think I'm doing a good thing by telling you up this front but in about five minutes I am going to be screaming your name."
Come on now! Really!?! I know, reading too much into it. But isn't that what a woman is supposed to do? REALLY! Just hope for the best--that one day he will grow up to be a big boy and perhaps think about what he is saying before he says it. Or is that the problem, he is thinking about it and he's thinking that the best thing he can do is play the game and not care who he hurts in the process. Oh well--we, as women, will never know.
1 comment:
amen sister!
Post a Comment