Thursday, August 21, 2008

Life is a Highway

As I travel down this highway of life I feel like I've been riding in the fast lane doing about 80. I think I saw blue lights in my rear view a few miles back but I gassed it and managed to lose them. Now I think it's time I put on my blinker, change lanes, and set the cruise control on about 68. I'm watching the exit signs pass by looking for the one I'm supposed to take, but they all look Greek to me. I think it's about time I stop and buy a map and perhaps ask for directions. The only thing is I'm not quite sure where I'm going and how can I ask for directions if I don't know where I'm going? That's the problem with life sometimes. You know where you want to go, but one wrong turn and your off course. How many wrong turns have I made? 1? 2? 10? Or maybe 0? Huh who knows. Am I even on the right highway? Not sure but I think I see an exit for change up a head, that looks familiar. I decide to take that exit in hopes of finding a gas station that has maps, Dr. Pepper, Corn Nuts, and Take 5. I mean what's a road trip without snacks?

No comments: