So today I learned that sometimes you get a new cell phone for a reason.
An unfortunate accident including a pedicure and a submerged cell phone occured yesterday as I was trying my best to relax. That all went to hell in a hand basket fast. I had one of those, what if I miss a text? What is I miss HIS text? He never calls. SHIT!
So, needless to say I searched high and low for that ancient p.o.s. I used almost two years ago then searched even more aggressively for the stupid @ss charger that went to it. After a few choice words and several layers of dust both items were found. Then came the interesting 'what was I thinking' part.
Sit by the charger while the phone comes on, have the lines changed. Don't miss a message. Fair enough right? Oh no, never for me.
I decided to just look through the texts to see what might be on there. Plenty. One message says, "Wake up" while the next says "I want your cups in my face." Now, you have to understand that these messages are from someone I had rather forget ever even thought about these things much less had the balls to send those messages to me thinking I would respond in the way he wanted. Don't get me wrong, he was a nice guy but I honestly don't know what I was thinking. Thinking that maybe things would be different? Yeah right. I was still a good girl at that point.
Well, the messages go downhill from there. Things I won't post even on a blog that is anonymous.
What else did I find? Enough to know that I would save this phone forever--just for giggles. This time I will make sure to put the charger in the box before I bury it.
No comments:
Post a Comment