It was Easter Sunday and I sat in my church pew before the sermon started thinking how ironic life can really be. He sat directly in front of me just a few rows up with his "new" family. I figured he may be here today but could he not have sat somewhere else not within my line of sight? On the outside I appeared calm and cool allowing no one to see the tears that flowed within. He was my best kept secret and my favorite mistake. Part of me wished it was me that he sat next to. But the other part of me knew that everything happened for a reason.
It didn't help that I knew to many secrets. To much about his situation; to much from every angle. I wished him the best and hoped that everything would work out between him and the woman that now carried his unborn child. But like myself I didn't think this would be his storybook ending. Again I knew to much. To much of her personal thoughts. And the worse part was I really liked her. That was what made it easier to be semi-happy for him and hope that it all would work out and that this would be his happily-ever-after.
Either way his chapter as a love interest in my life was closed forever. Harsh? No just to many complications. To many strings attached. At least in this small town.
Funny this was never how I thought our story would end.
No comments:
Post a Comment