Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hit on at the gas station, seriously?

It's hard to believe that so much time has passed since I started this blog. I've done this sort of thing before, the thing where only one of your friends knows it exists and quite frankly talks you into doing it in the first place, but then you do it and you enjoy it for a while. Then the reality kicks in. You begin to read your old posts and it either makes you sad or makes you angry. IE, you want the good things back or you wish they had never happened. Right now those two items are at a dead tie. Christmas season I suppose.

So, as I am getting gas today this guy walks over towards my car. He is talking on his cell phone. I recognize him from my past and quickly get my phone in order to check in with my next appointment. Okay, I think he is walking away. Wrong, why can't the pumps be faster and instant from your vehicle? I have to speak.

"Hello," I say.

He smiles, "Hey, didn't you go to XXX High School?"

"No," I look away hoping for a savior, "I went to XXX XXX High School."

"Oh, you look very familiar."

I think for a moment and it hits me like a lump of coal upside the head, "I used to work a YYY."

"That's where I know you from! I'm on my way there right now to insure my new truck."

I smile, that is where I am on my way to. "Yeah, that was a long time ago," I say.

He smiles hopefully, "Are you dating anyone?"

Thinking quickly, "Actually yes I am," I say as I totally lie through my teeth.

"Is it serious?"

"Yes." I state matter of factly. "He lives out of town."

He looks disappointed then smiles, "Is it serious."

"Yes, very much so." I say looking down at the ring on my left hand I had placed there when I emptied my car out to take it to the dealership to have repairs made.

He looks ever so slighly, "He wouldn't have to know."

"Sorry," I state, "I don't think he would like that."

"But... I've asked you out several times before and you've always said no."

TAKE THE HINT, goes though my mind. "I'm sorry, he's a great guy and I would never do that."

"Oh!" Thinking fast, "do you go to church anywhere?"

"Yes, I go in XYZ town when I am with him." I say all too convincingly.

He looks away, "My mom, dad and I go to **** church, ever heard of it?"

I nod no.

"Well, if you're ever in town you should come visit. The pastor is in his 20s and is great."

"Thanks for the invitation," I smile backing towards my car door--thanking the heavens that my car is finished guzzling gas.

"It is great to see you, let me know if you're ever single."

"Okay," I smile. "Tell the girls at the insurance office hello."

So, I jump in my car and call my friend I was going to see at the insurance office. "That guy that used to stalk me is coming in, he bought a new truck... please lie for me!" She laughs histarically. "No, you really have to. He will stalk me! He knows where I work! I am in the paper all the time! Please tell my aunt if she asks NOTHING. There is no guy (Here, wishing there was), but he can NOT know that!"

She laughes and tells me to go to her house to get what I need. I avoid him and life is good.

So that is the funny story of the day. The guy that drove me crazy then may put me over the edge today.

Now, to looking back. This all comes full circle when in some aspects I only wish I had something that true to tell someone at Christmas. I wish things were different. I wish, I wish, I wish. Things are never going to change. It is official.

Now, I am going to visit E tomorrow! She Vixen and I will be doing something for my birthday which was earlier in the week. It should be great fun. Now, SHE has some explaining to do I have some "I told you sos" to say! ;)

1 comment:

E said...

I love you! And you always seem to have some "I told you so's" for me! I don't think I really got to hear them this weekend. How come I tell myself it's over when deep down I just have that feeling its never really over? I think I need some Vivi advice. You haven't given any in a long time. I know because I haven't wanted it. But you see I eff up my life pretty good on my own. I need you to help me get the pieces back in order every now and then :) I know I don't always say it but I really couldn't make it without you! I hope you know that! This has been a hard year for me, with a lot of ups and downs and I really appreciate you being there for me. I hope that I am as good a friend to you. If not smack me upside the head and say "listen bitch!" lol