So last night I decided to adventure to the annual cookout my cousin holds. Very interesting. I get there around 9 p.m. because I had been tubing down the river all day. I was worn out and wanted nothing more than to go to bed but I decided that since an old 'friend' was going to be there I should go.
When I get to this shindig it is dark, I am averted from parking close to the fireworks launching area and park on the lower 40 of the field. I walk, with my sunfriend eyes, towards the mass number of people and see that they are playing the race on the side of a motorhome. SCORE! This excited me beyond belief, I go in that direction and see my parents. After a few minutes I decide to walk to see who else was there. I talked to a lot of family and friends and then see the boy. I walk past him and say hello, he says nothing but a kind 'hi' in the tone of 'who the heck are you?'
I brush it off and go talk to the party throwers and check out the band. Fun. From there I see the 'boy' again. I try to start a conversation but he isn't getting who I am. I have pride, I refuse to tell him. We are in the light and if he doesn't get it then I'm not going to tell him. So, I stay for a bit longer and decide to go home. I'm tired, a bit saddened that I am not memorable at all. (Even when we've hung out many times and talked even more on the phone.)
On my way home I call a girlfriend. We discussed how funny it is that when we really want someone to see us, they don't. Maybe he knew who I was and just didn't want to say anything. Maybe he's not interested. Our conversation goes to how much people change. I used to think this boy was hoooooootttttt. Not so much any more. He is attractive but not what I remember. Oh well, the party was a bust--but coming home and sleeping was great.
No comments:
Post a Comment