Saturday, April 9, 2011

Randomness

Oh, life is ever so busy! I have six large events for work before the end of May, one wedding I'm in, and three others to attend. WHEW! (None are mine thankfully.)

As you can tell work is super busy. Having a work phone is good when you need to be away and still work but horrible on a Saturday afternoon when you can't seem to say no to the red flashing light at the top of a BlackBerry. Yes - to be the boss isn't a good feeling all of the time!

Speaking of - I have a contact. A potentially wonderful contact with someone who could make all of my career dreams come true. I don't want to jinx it but let's just say that if it all works our North Carolina could be my next home - and the road my playground. YIPEE!

But, before that I'm producing a Carnival. Yes, a carnival. I'm so not thrilled but it is a good opportunity and the community needs something fun to do! Then I have a Senior Day, Golf Tournament, Appreciation Dinner and a few other things going on as well! Next week I even get to go out of town for a fun conference. YAY!

David's Bridal is on my &%!* list. They always get things wrong. Wrong color, wrong location... UGH! I'm in a wedding in less than three weeks and they sent my dress to another store in another STATE! I was so mad yesterday when I found out... well, let's add the humor of how mad I was.

Yesterday - large Birthday Event for Anniversary of my company. I am in charge.

200 guests arriving at 11:30am

Three deaths in a small town in which the florist was preparing 400 balloons for me and delivering them.

Lots of volunteers running around setting up tables, chairs, decorations and cooking food for event.

10:32am FLORIST CAN'T DELIVER BALLOONS - they are 'swamped' with funerals.

10:36am I leave my location with a caravan of people heading south to pick up balloons.

10:49am After doing 70 in a 55 to get there I arrive at location - all of the balloons are not ready and NONE are in arrangements

10:59am Stuffed all balloons in cars and speed back north

11:08am my phone rings. It's the bride telling me my dress has arrived, but to the wrong store. UGH. Proceed to call DB and they are NOT nice telling me I ordered it from them. Speeding through traffic with 86 balloons in my car (inflated) and I can't see to get over in other lanes - who cares, take the lane.

11:13am Oh hold and hang up phone... 30 balloon arrangements to make ASAP.

Let's just say that after the event was over and I had used the restroom for the fist time all day (2:30pm) I called and had had quite enough from DB. I let them have it. Needless to say they are shipping the dress.

What else is going on? Nothing really - just work and such. Had a physical on Monday and have to have some special testing done. ICK! But that's okay! Optimistic I'm telling you!

And men? Well, we single girls always have to mention that - if not we would drown in the relationship crazed people's bubbling and suffocating happiness... well there are none. Attention happy people: don't act happy go lucky all the time and get ticked when someone tells you the truth that life isn't rosy. Sometimes we know things that you don't... things about your life we're just too nice to tell you the truth and when we do - DO NOT get mad at us. It's your fault for keeping your eyes shut for too long.

2 comments:

Mrs. Match said...

Davidson bridal is on my shit list too, they cost so much in alterations! It was nearly the cost of the damn wedding dress. Ughhhhhhh. Good luck with the dress fiasco.

Up you are my kind of lady. I always have friends get mad at me for calling out the truth but I figure someone needs to tell Em. Usually they thank me later or they pout about it. Hey, sorry I had to be the one to tell you your cheating boyfriend is gonna do it again! Sigh.

Vivi said...

Well, the wedding was yesterday and the dress fit without alterations... thank goodness! However, that was my last dress bought from David's if I have anything to do with it. Botiques have much better quality at the same prices! (May also be a good way to be able to get out of being a bridesmaid! LOL)

And yes, I'd rather someone tell me the truth than lie about it. I've done it for everyone else enough - and knowing what I know now I only wish they'd been good enough friends to do it for me.

Hope things are well & Happy Easter!